[SML] Pipe Unit Numbering for Corporate Event Plots

C. Andrew Dunning landrudesign at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 02:46:35 UTC 2017

Scott -

So, what is the current norm for events? I'm resistant to losing unit numbers. (couldn't ya tell?)

I do a fair amount of lighting for events and use both Channel (I call it “Control”) and Unit numbers.  Using just the former isn’t practical as one could have several fixtures assigned to the same channel.  Using just the latter (for me) isn’t practical as that’s not the way the console sees them.  That being said, I do perceive that including Unit numbers isn’t all that common but it makes referring to fixtures a lot simpler.

My 2¢.

C. Andrew Dunning

Landru Design

-