[SML] Ear worm / name that tune

Bruce Purdy bpurdy at rochester.rr.com
Fri Apr 28 12:34:33 UTC 2017

About forty years ago, I lit a number of “Musical Revue” shows, including “Jacques Brel in Alive and Well and Living in Paris”, “2 by 5” and “Side by Side by Sondheim.” (All of which, I think, would play well in the round - to fit into another thread.)

	Lately I’ve had a song stuck in my head, which I THINK was from one of those Revue shows - but for the life of me I can’t recall WHICH show, what show it originally came from, who wrote it or even the name of the song! Usually I can type a bit of lyrics and GOOGLE brings it up, but no luck this time. :-(

Whilst I apologise for breaking the “No show tunes” rule, does anyone recognise any of this? What I recall was something like this:

***********************************
Grass was meant to walk on,
and run on,
and dance on
and play.

I say “Greenery is merely scenery,
unless you can touch it”
don’t you?

Does that sound at all familiar to anyone?

Bruce
-----
Bruce Purdy
Central New York Magic Theatre Co.