[SML] theater in the round

Charlie Richmond charlie.rsd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 18:58:05 UTC 2017

All my early theatre experience, acting and as a sound and lighting
designer was in a small theatre in the round which often performed in a 3/4
configuration so that was all I knew for my first 30 shows or so and it
seemed completely normal to me.  It also taught me that directionality was
extremely important in theatre sound.  The theatre was called the Community
Theatre of the Monterey Peninsula at the time and is now the Gold Bough
Circle Players (as it was before being called CTMP...)  It was an amazing
experience!

Charlie

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Judy Kupferman via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> One of the best shows I've seen in my life was in the round, and it was a
> completely conventional play - "A View from the Bridge." I was young and
> didn't know anything about stagecraft, but the actors were absolutely
> terrific and that is what has stayed in my mind. Forty years later, I can
> still hear the actress cry out "You want something else, Eddie, and you can
> never have her!"
>
> I think because it was in the round, the actors may have felt more
> immediate and present than in a proscenium stage, and that's why it had
> such an effect on me. Can't remember the scenery at all.
>
> Judy

> <#m_5741254504199018104_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

* Charlie Richmond - http://www.RichmondSoundDesign.com
<http://www.richmondsounddesign.com/>
* Viber: +16047159441 Skype, LinkedIn & Twitter: charlierichmond
* facebook: charlie.richmond
* facebook.com/pages/Richmond-Sound-Design-Ltd/130195960832
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Richmond-Sound-Design-Ltd/130195960832>
* google.com/+CharlieRichmond google.com/+Richmondsounddesign