[SML] BBQ and birds

JT bothjt at verizon.net
Wed Aug 2 21:06:06 UTC 2017

>> I was driving along, and the majestic baldy swooped up from the Sound, and flew right along side my passenger window, for about 2-3 seconds (about 5 feet away)

-- This is fairly common in my area; I've had several large-ish birds "fender surf" near my cars including hawks and crows. I think it has to do with their sense of airflow and flight dynamics.
   One night several years ago when I had an MGA roadster, I had an owl accompany me near the RF fender for a good 10 seconds or so. Absolutely spectacular to see.

JT