[SML] E-programs instead of printed programs?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Mon Aug 28 19:06:14 UTC 2017

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 11:53 AM, Joe via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Most smart phones can read several types of bar codes , including the
> checkerboard looking types, which can contain more info.  The checkerboard
> type can contain a web page address that the smart phone will automatically
> go to.

Interesting idea.... for two years I used to put QR codes on the
posters, so people could go right to the ticketing sales, but I think
my web stats showed it was used a grand total of 5 times, which 3 was
probably me testing it.

Sadly, the iPhone does not read QR codes natively (except through the
Apple Wallet/Apple Pay app, but you have to manually add it yourself,
pain in the butt, etc....)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com