[SML] E-programs instead of printed programs?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Tue Aug 29 23:26:08 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 1:07 PM, Pat Kight via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Get a donor to fund a print-your-own-program kiosk in the lobby?

The whole conversation came up because I wondered about dispensing
with the whole layout, head shots, interviews, articles, ADS, etc that
have gone into our programs over the years. I am the only one
experienced in layout, offset printing, and all that 20th century
stuff, and I'm no longer going to do that....  if we're still going to
print, then they still need all that other stuff.

We used to have upwards of 2000+ programs printed, and that's dwindled
down to around 400, and even at that, we still end up with at least
30% unused (and there's always some discards on the floor that
perfectly re-usable).  If we have to keep printing, it's still dozens
of hours in layout and writing, whether it's printing 2000 or 200.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com