[SML] Lion King reboot

June Abernathy jea00321 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 21:15:04 UTC 2017

They are planning to cut a couple of trucks. OTOH, Man Plans, God Laughs, as they say. They have cut some conventional stuff, but added a lot of other stuff to replace it, so while Don Holder and all the other people above my pay grade have a really good idea of what they want and a plan to get there, sometimes reality gets in the way.

We're still putting the package together in the shops right now, and by the time we're ready to load everything out of their respective shops in a few weeks, we'll have a better idea of how attainable the goal is. And Production work in Schenectady and the subsequent load out from there will give us a still better idea. But the number of trucks and many similar factors will probably be a little negotiable for at least the first few stops, as the show package and the advance package get shaken out and codified in the real world.

I'll try to keep you posted. Feel free to post if you hear anything - often I find out stuff about my own show from advertising or social media long before it comes to me in official channels.

June Abernathy
IATSE #321 (Tampa, FL)
FOH Electrician
The Lion King National Tour