[SML] portable staging

Dougherty, Jim jdougher at middlebury.edu
Wed Dec 6 20:32:47 UTC 2017

I can’t speak to cost*, but we’ve been very happy with our StageRight risers.  Some units are 25 years old, still functioning perfectly and almost zero maintenance (thread-in height adjusters, mostly). We have units in 3x4, 3x6 and 4x8 sizes.  The support frames are robust and pack small though don’t stack well.  No tools for assembly. They have carts and racks available, though not all fit through normal doors.  Customer service, when purchasing additional bits, has been very good.

http://performance.stageright.com

- Jim Dougherty
ATD Middlebury College Theatre Dept

* I’d bet that they’re more expensive than what you’re looking at, but that’s short term.  We haven’t retired or thrown out any decks or support frames in 20+ years (wait, maybe one deck). Long term, they may be a less expensive option.