[SML] Miter Saw Rec

Jared Fortney jared.fortney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 00:44:14 UTC 2017

I recently bought the 12" DeWalt 716XPS for my own shop.  We used a bunch
of them at the furniture school I used to work at.  The DeWalt XPS
(projects blade shadow on workpiece) system is impressive, even if you only
use it for direct task lighting while cutting.  It's no gimmick, it works
great.  If you can swing it, might as well buy the 12".  Extra capacity can
get you out of a jam and might make resale a little easier in the future.
The detent override is great for cutting trim when you are a whisker off of
45.

Damon, you might check the brushes in your DeWalt.  If they are worn too
far, it will affect the blade brake performance.

-Jared