[SML] really bright speaker

jdunfee12 at yahoo.com jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 19:06:10 UTC 2017

  Ford Sellers via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>I’ve found that single LEDs (as they are point sources) tend to annoy speakers, >especially if they are not used to having lights shined in their eyes
In my case, I chose a LED source that spread the light out over a larger area, and used a diffusion filter.  It was hard to find one that was not the blue-ish tint LEDs that most such devices utilize.

Here is the one I am going to test out next.  $22  at LED Desk Lamp Clip Light, 3 Lighting Color, USB Rechargeable Battery, Stepless Dimmable, Touch Control, Flexible Gooseneck, Eye-caring Book Reading Lamp with Clamp for Kid Study, Offices and Working
It has a max of 6 watts, which is far too bright.  Unfortunately, it does not dim down as far as I would like. But, it may be good enough.  I also find the touch-switch to be unreliable and a bit confusing. I will have to print instructions on the unit, for anyone else to easily figure it out.
This one uses a standard micro-usb charging port.  But, note most desk lamps that are USB powered have a proprietary barrel connector. So, you have to use a special cable.

-Joe