[SML] Dimmer pack

Jeff Forbes jforbes1956 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 22:39:52 UTC 2017

On Feb 6, 2017, at 12:00 PM, stagecraft-request at theatrical.net wrote:

> Not all of those little DJ-style 4-packs are of the same quality.
>
> I serviced one which had no output on one channel;
> the duplex receptacle was push-in-wired only
> (no screw terminals), made for #14 or #12 wire.
>
> The wire the mfg used was a little less than #14 diameter.
>
> Basically no grip.
>
> Not made in USA.
>
> Low price is not necessarily a good deal.

True, if money were less of a concern I would buy either Leprecon or ETC, who also make little 4 dimmer packs. I equipped my studio with Leprecon packs because I believe them to be much higher quality than the Leviton or Chauvet packs. Or the Elation, or the ones “of unknown Chinese manufacture” that a theatre here has in their stock. But I still think that the Leviton version is pretty reliable.