[SML] Hovercraft revolve?

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Fri Feb 10 17:06:47 UTC 2017

we have an aircaster system (by areogo) to move seating towers in a black box venue.

It's a nice theory, but I suggest not to waste your time.

I don't know if the hard surfaces will work.  The Areogo system has perforated bags under each corner of the tower.  These drag on the floor, having lifted the tower steel off the floor.

Our LARGE air compressor is the basement.  We don't hear it.  But the noise of the air flowing is substantial.  (I believe we're working with a High Volume, Low Pressure  If I remember correctly, the gauge is around 100 - 120 PSI).

If you want low profile, wasn't there a discussion hear once about a using 1000s of marbles under the deck to roll the revolve on??

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director, Head Lighting Technician
Chan Centre for the Performing Arts

604-822-2372
andrew.riter at ubc.ca