[SML] Hovercraft revolve?

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 19:48:39 UTC 2017

The theater where did our recent revolve is primarily a dance school.  They normally have a dance floor with the seams taped. This would seem to be an ideal surface for this sort of idea. We normally roll the floor up, to avoid any damage to it. Air casters may permit more instances where the floor does not have to be taken up.  Though, this not really a big concern.

I have seen large 4' square, commercial air-casters in use.  The air flow was through fire-hose scale hose, and was of course quite substantial in volume. The noise from the bladders sounded like birds tweeting.  But, I was thinking this would not be the case in a very smooth floor situation, and without any of the bladders.

I can certainly see that the marble idea might work for a revolve.  It would certainly be easier than an air system.  I must have missed it among one of the threads about using hamsters. For a dance, floor the marbles may tend to seat themselves in little recess if any substantial load is sitting in one spot for any length of time. I imagine the use of the larger shooter-marbles is advised if your floor has expansion joints. But, perhaps a layer of something can be put down first.

Any reports of anyone trying it?

Joe Dunfee
jdunfee12 at yahoo.com