[SML] Hovercraft revolve?

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 20:52:43 UTC 2017

The initial description worries me because there does not seem to be a
method of distribution - a manifold - to assure a constant volume of
air to all areas.

I had good luck with one large project - aided that it was for the
Navy where budget has a different meaning - with large (21 x 25 and 20
x 36 IIRC - nearly 30 yrs ago) and used high volume low pressure
casters.  This was for changeover so noise was not a problem.  They do
make a fart sound - at least these did.  Seems that we worked on an
asymmetrical spacing because if one on each corner, they can tend to
reciprocate - cycle - with one corner rising as next is at its apex
and next falling and one down.  But the manifold being central with
approximate equal piping to each caster were all a part of the design.
It was aided for a poured sports floor - seamless.

I think they offer a lot but I'd look at steel wheels on a steel rail
first for money, low noise, and nearly as low power to drive.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC