[SML] WAS Looking to build a dowser (NOW Manual Cinema

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 17:13:17 UTC 2017

On 2/10/17 4:25 PM, Riter, Andrew via Stagecraft wrote:
> Manual Cinema (Chicago)  just came through with Ada/Ava.
>

> Find a video on line if you can.  Movie quality cinema using 4 overhead
> projectors and actors against the FP screen.
>

> Their dowsers were manually operated cardboard flaps taped to the
> overhead lens housing.
>

> All very low tech, but very effective (but not helpful when the
> projector is not with the operator).

Many moons ago, I built a manual dowser that was a piece of luan in a
track with tie line and a few small pulleys directing the line back to
the LX operator about 20' away.  Stupidly simple, and yet very effective.

The only thing I'd do differently is to add Ford's finger trick to make
for a better fade.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall