[SML] Tracking Scenery

Rob Graham photonguide at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 17:03:14 UTC 2017

Some of the scenic guys back in my grad school days (so 15 or so years
ago) built a pneumatic and a motor control rig for small stuff - a
picture effect, and I think a moving piece of furniture - using a
fairly inexpensive PLC, a few switches, and the PLC software.  If I
recall they did the whole thing for under $1000 bucks.

That said, the high dollar prefab units are worth their costs in that
the kinks are all worked out, and the support and documentation is
excellent.