[SML] Floor coating for tap dancing

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Fri Jan 6 15:31:35 UTC 2017

We just did that show last fall and did a painted wooden floor for the deck of the boat. Worked well for us.

From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> on behalf of Brock Keeler via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2017 11:13 AM
To: stagecraft at theatrical.net
Cc: Brock Keeler
Subject: [SML] Floor coating for tap dancing

Hi all,
My theatre is preforming Anything Goes in about a month, and the show contains a large 7 minutes Tap number. We are trying to decide on a floor colour and want to have white, or a lighter colour on the floor but in our past experience anything light just gets covered in scuff marks from shoes and the taps. Does anyone know how to keep our white floor white throughout the run of the production, by using a special finish or coating of some sort. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Brock Keeler