[SML] WAY, WAY, WAY O.T. : Death and Politics

Scott C. Parker scparker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 20:07:31 UTC 2017

Yesterday's march has captured my daughter's imagination and sparked
conversation. As opposed to the overall disdain for the current situation,
I've been telling my 14 y/o that it's important to rally around areas we
feel strongly about and send letters/make phone calls. Choose a cause, or
several, and voice concerns.
The NEA is a perfect example. I was thinking that I'd like to find out what
art those who want to nix the NEA likes. Then find out if any of the
artists benefited from the NEA. Then, write to the members of
congress/senate/state/etc. and point out that they, indeed, have received
value from the NEA. Other then PBS, Sesame St., etc.

--
Thanks,
Scott

Scott C. Parker
Lighting Designer http://scpld.com/ Studio 212-533-3430  Cell 718-757-6661
http://twitter.com/stageseminars
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lightingdesigner
USA829, IES, PLASA, USITT, ETCP certified Rigger & Electrician