[SML] WAY, WAY, WAY O.T. : Death and Politics

John Taylor jt at techie.com
Sun Jan 22 21:45:57 UTC 2017

Like others I cut back on FB time for the last couple of months. I had a
couple of shows to deal with anyway.

I am a firm believer in speaking out on an issue but it was all way to
much and a lot of misinformation out there from some of the things I saw.

I want to share something with the list from a female friend who is a
local Equity actress, Director, Producer and a dear and good friend. She
was asked why she marched and I think this sums it up well:

"Why did you march?":

"For those who don't understand why women are marching:

I marched because I CAN. It is one of the rights guaranteed by the
constitution and no matter what your opinion, it is legal, justified,
and MY freedom of expression. If you still think this has to do with
two-party politics, you've not been listening.

I marched today for my healthcare and the healthcare of all.

I marched for basic human rights for myself, all women, my LGBTQ
community, Blacks, Muslims, and the immigrants who made this country.

I marched for the religious freedom (and freedom FROM religion) that is
guaranteed in the First Amendment.

I marched for science and the planet.

I marched for equal pay.

I marched for those who could not because of economic reasons, physical
reasons, and logistical reasons.

I marched because my body belongs to me.

I marched so my daughters won't have to march about violence toward women.

I marched in solidarity with women of all ages, all gender identities,
all sizes, all colors, all ethnicities. I marched with feminist men
including my son and husband, who know what it is to love a strong woman.

If you still fail to see a reason why women marched today, you are a
part of the problem and your privilege, like dog shit on a shoe, is
visible and stinks up the joint."

  Peace,
JT