[SML] Hard Hat recommendations

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 02:45:00 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 7:38 PM, Rick Clever via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I am looking also but I would like mine to serve double duty as a
> helmet for my fireworks shoots. I'm assuming that the vented models
> would be out but I am not sure.

Petzl makes the shells from ABS. While approved for molten spray work
(the closed models, not the vented ones), I would think instead you
would want a fiberglass or fiber-steel helmet, like the Ironworkers
use - ABS tends to melt at ~180°C, and I *really* woould not want a
piece of molten ABS on top of my head.

--
Dave Vick
[*this space for rent*]