[SML] Hard Hat recommendations

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Mon Jan 23 03:06:45 UTC 2017

Having worn abs hard hats while being pelted with burning material, the
most damage to the helmet has been small scorch spots.  Nothing even
began to melt through.

http://interstellar.com/photos/Fireworks_2013-07-04/Jerry_Durand-2.jpg

Don't have anything (hat, clothing, etc.) that can catch particles. My
Nomex jumpsuit had pockets with the top open, my wife sewed Nomex flaps
over them.  I have burned holes in my Nomex where a crease catches
something.  Also had the back of my right hand collecting small piles of
burning bits.  Didn't hurt my military surplus Nomex gloves but did
start to seep through as HOT!

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com