[SML] WAY, WAY, WAY O.T. : Death and Politics

David Fox David.Fox at etcconnect.com
Tue Jan 24 19:46:19 UTC 2017

[uncloaking]

Those of you who know me off list know that I am quite political and more than a little vocal about it.  I have no problems talking politics..

However, I feel that while conversations about how you and your theatre might be getting affected by changes in government policy, this list is not the place to vent political views.

One of the things that has made this list so successful as a digest based email chain is the fact that it stays pretty much on topic and to the point. When we head off topic we all collectively agree to move that conversation to a more appropriate forum.

Look.... we work in a business where supporting people, working for groups and  working on other people's art we don't personally like or even approve of is the norm. I have spent hours on the phone with organizations I would never personally support, and done gigs where I cashed the check and immediately donated the money to a counter cause.
It's the life.

And I believe part of our responsibility as professionals and educators on this list is to model the life.

knowwhatImean?

So that said, While I am as happy to talk politics as much as the next 3 people, I think there are other platforms better suited and more appropriate for those conversations.
It is important to note that the opinions of the individual and those of their employer are not always aligned.

What you have read should be construed as my opinion and not the opinion of my employer. If you don't like or agree with my thoughts and musings, I am the one you should take to task and not the nice people who pay me.

Be Seeing You
David

[cloaking]