[SML] Grid Loc Pipe Clamp Question

Tom Grabowski tegrabowski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:36:58 UTC 2017

In my new position here at SUNY Postdam, I have a black box theatre
with a tension grid.  Currently the lighting grid is hung at 5 feet
over the tension grid.  I am looking to drop it to about 2 feet to
make easier to deal with the focus for the fixtures and get them
closer to the cable grid.  The main pipes are hung with grid clamps,
chain and shackles.  The cross pipes that are at right angles over the
main pipes are attached with grid loc pipe clamps.  My question is
about the 4 bolts that hold the clamp shells together.  Is there any
kind of specifications as to how tight the nylock nuts should be?
___

Tom Grabowski                SUNY Potsdam
Visiting Associate Professor      Department of Theatre & Dance