[SML] Grid Loc Pipe Clamp Question

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 21:25:16 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Tom Grabowski via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> about the 4 bolts that hold the clamp shells together.  Is there any
> kind of specifications as to how tight the nylock nuts should be?

To my knowledge, you set your torque wrench guided by the bolt size,
not the nut. Whether or not it's a Nylock nut is irrelevent to torque
settings; that just generally means you should not use a Nylock nut
more than once.

e.g. for Grade 5, 3/8"-16 (course) threaded nuts and bolts, you're
torquing to ~23 ft-lbs. whether it's a Nylock nut or not.

--
Dave Vick
[*this space for rent*]