[SML] Ganging seats

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 30 21:57:32 UTC 2017

Many of our now nearly 30 yo “flexible” theatre seats have broken ganging mechanisms. (metal frame with one piece plastic shell...  little plastic [hence broken] “clip  and stud” on frame ) Is there any code minimum number of seats that do not have to be ganged?  Somewhat  typical riser seating with rows  of seating of variable number.  Usually arranged in a “proscenium” orientation.  For instance do 10 seats  between aisles need to be ganged?  5?  Thought I ought to find out before the AHJ shows up on the next show.  I understand max in room between aisles but not if all have to be ganged.
Thanks

DickA
TD, Cornell U