[SML] Vectorworks and AutoCAD

John McAfee jrpmcafee at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 20:20:59 UTC 2017

My digitizer became indispensable (old Wacom now a monoprice) and I use a game pad to map shortcuts so I can work with a pen and shortcuts (Razer Nostromo). I can also map for each program which means I could switch between CAD and VW and keep
my muscle memory without learning actual key commands, but each OS update requires new and different upkeep which can get frustrating.

I learned on command line AutoCAD and it is easier if I am on a strange computer, but I like the workspace in VW better. Kevin Lee Allen’s VW for Entertainment Design is a great resource if you want to dig into it.