[SML] Vectorworks and AutoCAD

Steve Boone sboone at bgsu.edu
Mon Jul 24 22:09:24 UTC 2017

> Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:33:08 -0400
> From: sdwheaton <sdwheaton at fuse.net>
> Subject: Re: [SML] Vectorworks and AutoCAD
>
> Can I throw a tiny tangent into this? ?Whatever happened to using a digitizer for AutoCAD input? ? When I learned AutoCAD ?I had a digitizer with a 16 button puck, 16 commands at my fingertips without ever moving the input cursor, so easy. ?Drafting with a mouse is such a come down.
> Stuart

<snip>

Every now and then I see a Calcomp version in a catalog.  Their product name is “Draftingboard…:” (followed by a number indicating the size).  I’ve never actually looked closely, so I don’t know for sure if they’re set up for AutoCad like the old ones were.
They were always too pricy for me, so I learned with the regular mouse that came with the computer from the start.

Steve Boone