[SML] Vectorworks and AutoCAD

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 13:19:44 UTC 2017

When I started using AutoCAD in 1982, we bought into a dos machine - a
Victor 9000 - made by the Victor cash register people - that had
higher res than the IBM machines but also had a touch screen - a mesh
over CRT that worked with a rubber tipped stylus on a curly cord. It
picked or "clicked" when you lifted the stylus form the screen - like
finishing drawing a line or touching an object. Some folks complained
about arm and wrist fatigue but I used it for nearly 7 years and never
found any input system quite as intuitive, with the drawing and a menu
bar to pick from on the side on the screen - plus the command line of
course.

I just mouse today on AutoCAD, and poke into Revit occasionally - the
only options if you work in the design and construction of buildings.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC