[SML] An LD query from Tim Catlett @ The Flea Theater NYC

Jeffrey E. Salzberg jeff at jeffsalzberg.com
Sat Jul 29 20:28:02 UTC 2017

The colors I use most:

R3313 & R4915.  Note that I'm probably the only LD you know who uses
these.  I base that comment on the quizzical looks I get from MEs, along
with the usual comment: "You're the only LD I know who uses these."

My go-to color, in general, is R55.

Also,  in no particular order:

R53
½-cuts of R97 (if the hanging positions are lower than 12')
R56
R68 or GAM835
R119
R132
L161
L119
L106
L201

I realize that's 13, instead of ten, but three of them are diffusion or
neutral density.

That said, whenever I have an idea of what colors the my client has in
stock, I try to work within that palette as much as I can without
compromising my vision.

*Jeffrey E. Salzberg, Lighting Designer*<http://www.jeffsalzberg.com>
917/238-7430

Online Portfolio: http://www.jeffsalzberg.com
Stage Lighting for Students: http://www.stagelightingprimer.com
Facebook: Lighting Design by Jeffrey E. Salzberg
<https://www.facebook.com/LightingDesignByJeffreyESalzberg/?fref=ts>

*What are the top 10 gels (from any manufacturer) that you would want to
see in a House stock that will be replenished on a regular basis? *My
hope is to outfit our stock with 15-20 colors that are always available.

---