[SML] HVAC Friendly haze from yesteryear

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Fri Jun 2 02:10:57 UTC 2017

On 6/1/2017 6:37 PM, mburris via Stagecraft wrote:
> Sometime in the early part of this century, I worked local crew for Kenny Rogers.
>
> They used a hazer that used simply water.  It was pressurized with a pressure cleaner and forced thru tiny nozzles each with a pinpoint in front to further break the droplets.  The haze had a long hang time and did not trigger our smoke detectors/fire alarms.
>
> The company name was AlumEffects (or a phonetic equivalent).  My GoogleFu has not revealed anything, so I turn to the wisdom of the list.  Does anyone else remember this?
>
> Failing that, does anyone have any leads of an HVAC friendly haze or fog?
>
> Thanks for your kind attention.
>
> Be safe.
>
> Michael Jon Burris

What you describe is an ultra-fine water misting system.  There are a
number of vendors out there that make them.   Water is pumped under high
pressure through a bunch of very tiny nozzles to create water mist.
They are used for cooling of outdoor areas in hot regions of the world
by theme parks and the like.

    They also are being used as a means of fire suppression in buildings
and ships replacing conventional sprinklers.  They have been shown to be
just as effective as conventional sprinklers while using far less water.
  Making a post fire cleanup a matter of rags and mops rather than pumps
and shovels.

--Dale