[SML] What we are working on

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Wed Jun 7 17:42:14 UTC 2017

> My birthday is August 23 and my wife and I here in PDX were thinking about
> trying to find a campsite for the eclipse. Of course we only started looking
> about 8 months ago and they were already mostly booked up. But I might be
> interested in taking you up on a ticket to Mr Burns. I saw the Portland
> Playhouse production a year or so ago  and greatly enjoyed it.

If you haven't checked recently, you might do so again. Both the Oregon Parks
and US Forest Service have been opening up more campsites,as fast as they can.
You could get lucky.

Since you are in Portland, you really do not need a campsite - if you are
willing to fight what is likely to be very heavy traffic, especially on Hwy
99W.

The totality center line passes through the North end of Ankeny Wildlife
Refuge. It crosses I-5 just a bit South of Enchanted Forest.

Bill