[SML] Unwanted Strobing

Glenn Hoit glenn.hoit at asd20.org
Wed Mar 1 22:38:50 UTC 2017

Hello,

If you are a person with knowledge of DMX and LED lights, please take a look at the following issues we are having:

Console:  ETC Element-40

Fixtures:  Wybron VN-200 and Wybron VN-100

Issue #1)  We have used these fixtures, with this console, before with success.  When we have used them in the past we have had two VN-100's connected.  We have also used two VN-200's connected together.  We had no problem with these hook-ups.

But this time we have hooked six VN-100's and four VN-200's together.

We have established control of the fixtures on the Element-40 console.  We can change the colors together, and turn them ON and OFF together.

The issue is that they have begun to randomly strobe.  They strobe in different colors.
I have checked the "back of the fixture" menu and made sure the installed strobe loop is OFF.
I have checked with the console control and made sure the strobe control on the board, for each fixture, is OFF (Home).

Any thoughts on how to turn this random strobe effect off?  (glenn.hoit at asd20.org)

Issue #2)  Of the six VN-100's there is one that is "rogue", that is, the color does not quite match the other VN-100's.
Of the four VN-200's there is one that is also rogue.

Is there any way to get these fixtures to sync up their colors?

Thanks for any help you can throw our way,

Glenn Hoit
Air Academy High School