[SML] Dutch manning Flats

Tom Grabowski tegrabowski at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 22:00:02 UTC 2017

To expand a bit more on Steve's and Scott's information, I recommend
also to use paint as the adhesive for the fabric.  I would also save
and reuse the dutchman if i were applying it to a seam of flats that
already have several coats of old paint on their faces.  I would still
rerip and fray the edges of the dutchman. So fresh muslin for newly
covered flats and painted dutchman for already painted flats.  Rolled
like bandages, dry overnight.  Prime and then base color.  Any time I
tried to rush any of the steps, especially the drying time, it would
bite me in the butt and look bad.

__
Tom Grabowski
SUNY Potsdam