[SML] Unwanted Strobing

Glenn Hoit glenn.hoit at asd20.org
Fri Mar 3 04:04:35 UTC 2017

Thank you to all the replies about the "lights that strobe" issue....

Many of you suggested checking the DMX signal, so I reached into my "Tester" drawer and pulled out a Goddard MiniDMXter that I had not used in years.  I printed off the manual, read it, and have the following question:

Question:   If I am testing for strength / clarity of signal coming from the console to the DMX outlet on the stage, and the signal for the control of the LED light is being sent over the second universe, how does the DMX tester know to check the second universe?

(I am guessing that y'all will tell me that my equipment is too old, but I thought I would ask.....)

I did figure out how to use the cable tester on the Goddard, so I am off to work through the various cables tomorrow.

Thanks,

Glenn