[SML] Focus tape making....

Brian Munroe brian at themunroes.com
Wed Mar 15 13:15:18 UTC 2017

Are we talking focus tapes as in tapes you stretch out on plaster line (or smoke pocket, whatever your zero-zero is) and center line with distance markings? Or focus tapes as in a ground cloth like covering with focus and shutter cuts marked on it?

No experience with the later.  The former is usually webbing with a zero mark or a center mark and then every foot marked out on it. It is more durable and readable if you wrap the webbing with some white gaff tape where you are marking.

Same concept for a carpenters layout tape on tour, sometimes with different color tape to indicate different things - white for scenic pipes, yellow for electrics, etc.

Brian Munroe

Sent from my iThingy. Please excuse any typos