[SML] Focus tape making....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Mar 15 14:56:52 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 6:15 AM, Brian Munroe <brian at themunroes.com> wrote:
> Are we talking focus tapes as in tapes you stretch out on plaster line (or smoke pocket, whatever your zero-zero is) and center line with distance markings? Or focus tapes as in a ground cloth like covering with focus and shutter cuts marked on it?

Primarily the latter... not so much a full groundcloth, but tapes that
run at pre-determined locations (centered on the CL) marking the
beam/shutter edges.  Also good for setting hi-sides and tops; bring
the battens in to 4 feet, or one meter, or whatever, and run the tape
under/parallel with the batten, and match the beams to the marks.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com