[SML] Ithaca NY

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 12:30:15 UTC 2017

On 3/25/17 9:20 PM, gbierly via Stagecraft wrote:
> Anyone work at Ithaca?  I am taking my daughter there for interviews
> Sunday afternoon through dinner on Monday so I’ll have some time to
> kill on or around campus.  Any thoughts?  I have always wanted to go
> to the Corning Museum of Glass but I don’t want to venture too far
> from campus for my first of hopefully many visits.

Corning is nice, but not convenient.  If memory serves, it's about an
hour drive from Ithaca.  (Ithaca is 30 minutes from *anywhere*.)

Taughannock Falls is a nice drive up the west shore of the lake.
There's a short trail off the road up to the base of the falls.

In Ithaca itself, you can hit Buttermilk Falls, down at the bottom of
South Hill (opposite the "new" Home Depot.)  There are some nice trails
and bridges around the gorges of Cornell, too.

If you see any of the theater-folk at Ithaca, please give them my best.
That was a great bunch of people to work with.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall