[SML] LED automated fixture opinion

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Thu May 11 14:27:00 UTC 2017

On 5/10/17 6:11 PM, John Palmer via Stagecraft wrote:
> I am starting a slow process to convince the powers that be to purchase some new automated fixtures.
> I would appreciate any feedback from LDs and Electricians with regard to what you have worked with that you liked or disliked.
> I am restricting my search to LED based fixtures.
> I am looking for both spot fixtures and wash fixtures.  I am not looking at hybrids.
> The space is medium size.  I have a usual trim height of 26'ish. Programming is a mix heavy in music with some theatre & dance.
> Budget is unknown.  I am going to make a case based on what I discover.
> Spots that I am interested in to start-

For Spots, I would also suggest
Martin Mac Quantum
Chauvet Maverick Profile

I have both of those and I'm really liking them.  They both have a lot
of punch to cut through the incandescent in my rig.  And the CTO in each
helps them blend perfectly when I need them to blend in.

I'm trying to get a demo of the Elation Fuze wash.  On paper it looks
good, so that might be something you could look into.

Steve Litterst

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall