[SML] LED automated fixture opinion

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Thu May 11 15:17:23 UTC 2017

On 5/11/17 12:50 AM, SAMUEL JONES via Stagecraft wrote:

>> On May 10, 2017, at 6:34 PM, Scott C. Parker via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>>
>> Take a look at the High End SolaSpot line. White LED with traditional color mixing, plus shutters.
>> Best, Scott
>
> What is “  ‘traditional' color mixing”  ?  In my world that means gels.

Subtractive color mixing, just like gels.  Arc-style moving lights start
with a white source and use Cyan, Magenta & yellow wheels/flags to mix
the desired color, but subtracting colors from white to achieve the
desired color.

LED moving head washes will use Red, Green, Blue (and Amber or White)
emitters to add colors together achieve the desired color.

LED moving head spots will use either method, depending on the
manufacturer.

Steve L.
--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall