[SML] Recommended telescoping boom mic stands?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Nov 1 15:31:47 UTC 2017

Greetings all... happy November.  I'm looking to replace microphone
stands - we have telescoping boom types, and after 13 years, the boom
part is the failing part.  The telescoping part slides freely, even
with the knobs tightened all the way down. These stands don't get
abused, and as a matter of fact, the telescoping bit doesn't get
telescoped very often, but when we go to use them, they can't lock in
place.  Or the thing just slides out on its own accord.

I am not sure what brand they are - don't have one near me right now,
but I'm interested in others' favorite brands.

These are also the tripod-style, with a knob at the bottom that can be
loosened so the legs can fold down, and the base can slide up for
compact storage. But that knob down there is often really hard to
un-do, even though they were not gorilla-gripped. So an alternative
brand might be welcome.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com