[SML] Recommended telescoping boom mic stands?

John Taylor jt at techie.com
Wed Nov 1 16:09:24 UTC 2017

Happy Turkey Month Jon,

They sound like AKG style stands. Having managed an audio rental rental
house and using them out in the public they are pretty good stands. I
like them when micing in pits and some tight places. In some locations
and uses, the tripod legs don't work as well and then I switch to
standard or the stacking base style.

On boom arms, I have yet to find one that lasts more some years. Like
you said, even tho they are not over tightened it seems they still just
won't hold after some time. I have just learned to always make sure to
have a spare or two on hand.

Back to Tech Week,
JT