[SML] FOH hang and focus safety improvement needed

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Mon Nov 20 17:30:48 UTC 2017

> Because i personally detest bounce focusing, and both tge initial and long
> term costs of motors high, I'd   look for a rolling scaffold system that
> could bridge seats. The trick will be a solution for storage and thats hard to
> know without seein the space. The Genie solution you describe would not be bad
> if you could leave it assembled and store in a niche or closet.
> I think you`ll see a new rigging product from ETC in a year that might be a
> good solution but probably still close to $10k per unit.
> The mention of floor flanges and 24 ft span raises some flags.

Hm. I will have to check the auditorium entries to see how tall they are. They
may not be standard door height. But I think the smaller Genies have a tilt
back feature.

Also need to check the side aisle width. I think the Super Straddle requires 4
feet of space for assembly. A Genies are just about that wide as well.

Bill