[SML] Strand CD80 control replacement

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 19:35:08 UTC 2017

If you  want dimming, I can't see why you wouldn't just have the
electronics bay replaced and new controls.  The chokes, SSR paks, and
circuit breakers will last as long as anything you can  buy today.  I
did same thing for a client with 5 racks of D192 - all new controls
and electronics - $50K versus $450K - and they still are very happy
(with all new curtains, consoles, and LED lighting they got with the
$400K - I realize they were lucky to be able to use the savings.)

Personally, if I had responsibility in the operations, I'd sole source
Paradigm for the architectural controls without a moments thought.
And I'd try to have Lite-Trol do the integration and field work.

Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC