[SML] SML] FOH hang and focus safety improvement needed

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Tue Nov 21 13:29:04 UTC 2017

> How about regular old scaffold. Easily adjustable legs and easy to span
> over seats. All in all not to expensive and quite versatile. With a
> modicum of thought one person can assemble or strike it. Depending on
> the layout of the space you might even be able to get multiple electrics
> from one position. Carpet the bottom of the feet and you can slide it
> along pretty easily once you get folks off of it.

One problem is having room to assemble the scaffold in the aisles. I don't see
how scaffolding could be assembled over the seats.

And how do I move the scaffolding up and down the house once assembled? The
seats span a width of around 24 feet, there is no center aisle. If assembled
so the long axis is parallel to the aisles, the span would have to be just
right to fit between the seat rows. Any bracing would also have to be high
enough to clear the seat backs.

Bill