[SML] Scaffolding for FOH

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Tue Nov 21 17:54:08 UTC 2017

>> For OSHA you need outriggers if you go beyond 'platform height x' (which I
>> do not remember offhand) and the outriggers can be attached and detached as
>> needed for mobility.
>
> Generally, the Rule of Opposable Digit says for every three scaff
> sections you go up, you need to go out one section to all open sides,
> e.g. a two-course scaffold can be a single stack of courses, but a
> 3-course scaffold needs to be 3 wide x 3 deep for max stability,
> assuming it isn't built against a supporting wall.

Thanks, Carla and Dave.

I will try to remember to check the top platform height I need. I think the
ceiling height difference is only about 2 feet over the distance where the
electrics are hung.

I like the folding base section that is shown on the site previously
mentioned. But I don't know if another course can be added on top.

Bill