[SML] Scaffolding for FOH

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Tue Nov 21 18:45:41 UTC 2017

> We use a "BilJax" rolling scaffold and IMHO it's worth it's weight in gold.
>
> Assembles and disassembles relatively easily, the 6' length spans our
> seat-row spacing nicely and can be adjusted somewhat to compensate for a
> raked floor.
>
> You can set the platform height almost anywhere and you can get
> components to make the end supports any height in about 3' increments.
>
> Checking their catalog you can get lengths of 6', 8' or 10' so
> accommodating most seat spacing should be possible. If not, hiring a
> certified welder to re-jigger the braces shouldn't be too expensive
> although any manufacturer's warranty would disappear.
>
> For OSHA you need outriggers if you go beyond 'platform height x' (which
> I do not remember offhand) and the outriggers can be attached and
> detached as needed for mobility.
>
> I'm sure other manufacturers have similar products but we're happy with
> the BilJax.
>
> Catalog data starts on page 12 at
> <http://www.biljax.com/clientuploads/Catalogs/Scaffold/Catalog_small.pdf>
>
> Just my opinion as a satisfied customer.
>
> Carla

Thanks Carla.

That looks better than others I have seen previously. My major concern is the
weight.

The biggest problem that we may not be able to solve, and it applies to any
scaffolding/man-lift system, is "Where do we store it when not in use?". We
just do not have the vacant floor space. The only way we could generate enough
room would be to remove the couches in the Green Room - and I don't see that
being approved.

Bill