[SML] FOH hang and focus safety improvement needed

Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center admin at mtangelperformingarts.com
Wed Nov 22 16:03:50 UTC 2017

On 11/22/2017 5:01 AM, Bill Nelson via Stagecraft wrote:
> I just made some measurements in the auditorium.
>
> With a foot height of 11 feet, my head would be level with the highest light
> bar. I am about 5 ft 9 inches tall.
>
> I would like to go higher, but the light bars are less than 1 foot below the
> ceiling.
>
> The seat row spacing is 31" plus/minus about 1 inch.
>
> The aisle widths are 3' 1" HR and 3' 6" HL.
>
> The only cross aisle is the one between the front row of seats and the stage
> apron. It is at least 4 foot wide, but I don't know if an assembled scaffold
> could be maneuvered around the corner seats into the side aisles for use.
>
> Bill

The BilJax base units are 29" wide so they should fit into your aisle
space. You can clamp on the outriggers once positioned in the seating area.

These are 'stock in trade' for most local rental yards so maybe rent one
for a half-day and see if it will negotiate your terrain. I think that
would be easier and more productive than a tabletop simulation.

Also keep in mind you can put the cross braces at any height so it will
span over the tops of your seats.

I didn't find the scaffold dimensions anywhere on the previously
referenced page but they are here:
<http://www.biljax.com/clientuploads/Catalogs/Scaffold/Pro-JaxCat.pdf>

Carla

Exclaimed the falling man as he plunged past the 24th story, “So far, so
good!”