[SML] FOH hang and focus safety improvement needed

Paul Graham plg1170 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 24 19:09:56 UTC 2017

I think I'm coming into this thread late but here are ETC's rigging products http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Rigging-Systems/

If you called the main line @ ETC, 800-688-4116, you can ask for rigging and we can get you the appropriate local rep to speak with you.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving
Paul

________________________________
From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> on behalf of gbierly--- via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 11:54:40 AM
To: Stagecraft Mailing List
Cc: gbierly at dejazzd.com
Subject: Re: [SML] FOH hang and focus safety improvement needed

> The second option is to replace the fixed pipes with truss and fly them with
> either cable or chain winches.

After reading the numerous suggestions and your rebuttals, I think your idea of moving your pipes is a decent one.  Bounce focus is not a great solution but in many circumstances it is what you/we have to do.  With your limited height I would not suggest truss but look at enough lift lines to stick with standard pipe battens.  Truss looks cool but you loose height and only gain the distance between your lift lines.  If you look at something like the Vortek system I believe you are looking at $10k+ per lineset.  If you can reuse your current battens you can put the money towards the rigging.  One other off the wall suggestion.  Could you add catwalks to your attic space and light down through coves?

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School