[SML] FOH hang and focus safety improvement needed

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 12:44:18 UTC 2017

You can build the engineering into a design build contract with a theatre
equipment contractor. The tracks could be supported from overhead, catwalk
even "hung" from carriers. An aluminum catwalk should not be all that
heavy, though may not be necessary. Seems to me it's half the weight for
three times the cost or something like that.  You could go to truss guys
and they could bang out a quote and weight quickly.

At 30' I suspect a pair of beams approx 5-6' from walls, chain motor
trolleys,  and a light steel structure is most economical and feasible for
your budget.