[SML] Looking for a contact

joe at dunfee.com joe at dunfee.com
Mon Nov 27 16:46:12 UTC 2017

I will reply publicly, since this is general information that many may
benefit from.  I would recommend contacting a local maker space. There
is a fairly large network of "maker spaces" which in some ways, function
like social clubs for those interested in technology.

They often function like tool sharing clubs, where you join for a
certain amount/month and then have access to all the tools at the
facility.  Often this includes 3d printers, but can include electronics
test equipment, metal lathes, welding equipment, wood working. They may
also have periodic classes on  various topics.

They tend to have their focus around electronics, and things like the
Arduino development platform. But, they are broader than that, and do
often include artistic people.

One in the Twin City area is www.tcmaker.org.  There may be more.

-Joe